Friday, September 16, 2005

Another commercial break

I've heard lots of great things about Startwrite, a computer program that allows you to create your own handwriting sheets. The only problem with it is that you're limited to the fonts that come with it. We use Handwriting Without Tears, and Startwrite doesn't have a font like the HWT font.

Well, I now can create my own handwriting sheets, with the HWT font, using Educational Fontware. This is awesome. It installs the fonts you want, and then you can use any word processing program to type your handwriting sheets. They have several different fonts to choose from: HWT, BJU, A Beka, Getty-Dubay Italic, Zaner-Bloser, etc. Each font is sold separately, but who really needs a gazillion types of handwriting fonts anyway? ;-)

I'm not sure about all of the other fonts, but with the HWT fonts you get a huge assortment of helps. Things like outlined letters with arrows, with/without the lines, dotted letters, cursive, etc. I can foresee MUCH use of this with the kids' AWANA verses!!!

So if you have been eyeballing Startwrite but use a different handwriting style, check out Educational Fontware. You won't be sorry!

0 Comments:

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie