Friday, September 09, 2005

Aloha Friday #28

Choose a unique item from your wallet and explain why you carry it around.

My husband's business card because it seems I'm always having to write down his district office's phone number at different places (dr.'s office, etc.).

What are you wearing today that is most reflective of who you are?

A pair of capri pants that is literally falling off of me. My mom gave them to me because they were too small for her, yet they were too big for me even then. I was able to wear them throughout my last pregnancy if that tells you anything. I've lost weight and am now slightly thinner than I was when she gave me these capris, so they just hang on me. Normally I use a diaper pin to cinch the waist, but it's missing. I finally got annoyed with them falling off and tried a clothespin, but that didn't work.

Why are they reflective of me? Because I'm too cheap to actually buy clothes that fit. LOL!!!!! How sad is that???

Play the Boo-Yay game. Tell us about a “boo” and a “yay” from the past week.

Boo - I discovered this morning, when I took my last Synthroid pill, that I have no refills left because - ZIP - 6 months (actually 7) have gone by and it's time to get my thyroid levels checked. So now I'm Synthroid-less till I can get a new prescription. This won't be pretty (if I go 2 days without taking it I'm a total slug), but I do have some generic stuff my dr. gave me. Hopefully it will be close enough to tide me over.

Yay - my mom and stepdad are coming out for a visit!!! That's a triple yay! :-)

3 Comments:

I'm the same way about my clothes! I'm also wearing most of the clothes I wore while pregnant. I have a pair of black yoga pants that carried me all the way through and I still use them a lot. Of course I didn't have a lot of clothes during my pregnancy, we didn't have the money and I mostly used what people gave me along with a few items I got on sale at a re-sale store. (How's that for thrift? LOL)
I also ran out of my thyroid prescription. Not sure when we'll be able to afford to get back to the doctor for a retest. My levels may have improved because I haven't really noticed a decrease in energy.

I ran out of thyroid last fall and am doing okay. I was taking the Armour thyroid, though, not the synthroid. I'm not intending to get any right now, either. I'd like to take some herbs and other things that boost the thyroid, but don't have the funds right now to get them. I'm the same about clothes, too. I guess that is where Joelle gets it from. We both tend to wear old worn out clothes for pajamas, too. I've worn underwear until it falls off of me before. I guess I'm really telling on myself now. I do have some fabric I was given that I need to sew up into some nice clothes, but don't have a pattern I like. Oh well...
We really would all get along great, wouldn't we?
Love and shalom,
Serena

What I am about to tell you is a true story. LOL.

When I was very pregnant with #4, I was standing in my kitchen, in my nightgown. I was standing there, I don't think I was even moving, and my underwear literally fell off and landed at my ankles.

Now, these underwear did have elasticity issues, and I did have an INCREDIBLY large stomach, BUT STILL.

We laughed SO HARD. LOL!!!

I get my thyroid levels checked Tues. (yay insurance!) I've had postpartum thyroiditis since I was about 6 months postpartum with #4, and I've been on a teeny dose of Synthroid ever since. The only time I've ever been able to tell that something is "off" is when I've skipped 2 days in a row. I D-R-A-G. Prior to taking it I had no symptoms - my midwife just happened to find some nodules on my thyroid, which led to all sorts of testing.

Evidently things are going along just fine - haven't had to change the dose at all - even while pregnant! - so I guess all is well!

Serena, did you have trouble getting a dr. to prescribe the Armour? Mine (a D.O.) won't. I haven't really pressed it since Synthroid seems to be working, but I was just curious.

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie