Monday, September 05, 2005

Hillary Clinton calls for 9/11-type 'Katrina Commission'

Once things calm down a bit, I agree with what Hillary wants to do - provided it doesn't focus solely on the federal government.
"It has become increasingly evident that our nation was not prepared," Clinton (D-N.Y.) said in a letter to Bush asking him to set up a "Katrina Commission."

"The slow pace of relief efforts in the face of a mounting death toll ... seems to confirm that our ability to respond to cataclysmic disasters has not been adequately addressed," she said.
So is she saying that the federal government and not the states/cities should be responsible for all of the evacuation plans in the country? The federal government should just barrel in and take over when some sort of natural disaster occurs?

I'm sick of the finger-pointing at Bush. The media and the liberals have taken a tragedy and turned it into a political issue. The people who have not done their jobs correctly (N.O. mayor, Louisiana governor, and apparently the FEMA director) are slinging blame at Bush, and they are getting patted on the back for doing so.

I'm not calling for people to BLAME these people either, but the old addage definitely rings true - when you point your finger at someone you have 3 pointing back at you.

Edited to add: Just found this blogpost at Michelle Malkin. It looks like someone has already been investigating. Hillary could save the government a whole lot of money by looking into investigations such as this one, rather than calling for a Katrina Commission. Of course, we all know that her main goal in a commission is to discredit anyone remotely related to President Bush, so she can increase her chances of election in a few years.... ;-)

3 Comments:

I can't stand it either that they are sticking this all on Bush.....

I just heard about this as well - ARGH!!!! Hillary just makes me crazy - and I LOL when I heard that Bush's response was that we'd wait and decide about that after we've finished rescuing the *victims* of this disaster. (yeah, Hillary, way to go showing how much you CARE about the people. Ugh)

I just saw Hillary on the TV and words really escape me. Well, I should say that nice words escape me. :-) What did she do as a US Senator to prevent this disaster? Why is she
fingerpointing when she is part of the problem?

I certainly don't want all this big government! If the federal government is going to get pinned for every act of God and every terrorist disaster for not being clairavoyant enough to look into the future, then there are going to be ramifications for expecting them to be responsible. You can't have one without the other.

What happened 100-200 years ago when storms hit the US and thousands died? Did the president get blamed or did people just accept that these things happen and do the best they can to help the victims of such things? I don't see people in the past looking to government to be responsible for natural disasters. It is definitely a new thing and I think it has been brought on by the entitlement mentality that Hillary has been fostering for years.

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie