Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Harvest

I'm actually getting food from my garden!!!! So far I have harvested 4 zucchinis and 4 kidney beans. LOL!!!! Still growing: several zucchinis, an ear of popcorn, a slightly-larger-than-softball-sized pumpkin, a racquetball-sized pumpkin, several more kidney bean pods, and about 5 carrots.

I'm doubtful about my watermelon plant - shouldn't there be something there by now? LOL

Next year we have already decided that we'll be able to add in additional rows. Our garden is somewhat stair-stepped, and we only have one row on each "step." Now to figure out how to keep the deer (or whatever critters) from jumping the fence and eating my cantaloupe plants....

5 Comments:

Well, I have 2 watermelons on my plant...but they are smaller than golf balls and our first frost is usually mid-September, so I'm doubting they'll be edible! The popcorn sounds SOO interesting. I'll have to try that next year!

About the deer--Robin's aunt told us that deer don't like human hair, so maybe you can save some from someone's next haircut and scatter it? I'd never heard that before.

I have no watermelons either. I do have lots of blossoms on it, but no watermelons.

I say if the deer want the cantaloupe, let them have it. lol

I've heard about the hair and deer too, so it must be true. ;^)

I'm having a tiny garden spot next year. Maybe we will try popcorn. Let us know how it did.

Good for you. Gardening is such a creative act. Plants grow. We do so little to help, yet we get to play a part. It always amazes me.

Tag you're it!

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie