Where I spare my poor husband from listening to my rantings, where I share what is on my heart, where I share about my family, where I share about my God.
I'm actually wondering why she even has a separate website just for this book. Wouldn't that be encouraging women to leave their homes electronically just what she condemns in the book?
Ooooooh Spunky, methinks they don't call you "Spunky" for nothing! ;-)
why am i again flabbergasted??
has anyone even TRIED to reach Ms Pearl about all this??? or is that the proverbial "brick wall"? ;-)
Hey Keer, I just wanted to let you know I thought of you today. When you came to mind I prayed for you!
Have a super day!
VA
Oh I just saw your verse of the day, (I'm gonna have to get that for myself. lol) and I love love love that verse!!
Okay that's all I think...*wink wink*
VA
Barbara,
I wouldn't even know where to begin in writing to her, and honestly, the impression I've gotten in reading other things from them (their newsletter, etc.) is that my comments would not be welcome or taken to heart at all. I would expect anything that I wrote to them to be published in their newsletter with some sort of "Jezebel" or "daughter of Eve" or "damsel" label attached to it. :-(
VA, Thanks sweetie!
well, Keer, you'd be in good company! ;-)
i wasn't meaning that you (personally) should, i just was wondering if anyone in general has ever challenged them on a biblical basis...has anyone even been able to get through to them? do they respond to mail/email/anything?
That m'dear is a very good question.
I don't think that they do answer emails generally. I found the following on their website:
http://nogreaterjoy.org/index.php?id=89
The Pearls cover a myraid of situations in the articles archive. The Bible says, "Seek, and ye shall find" (Matt.7:7). We pray that as you read through the articles, you will find your answers. Due to their workload, the Pearls only answer emails that involve life-threatening situations and situations they have not covered in their writings, videos, and tapes.
isn't that so wonderful of them! so if my house is burning to the ground, they'll email back???
what a cop out for not having to answer legitimate questions!
Cant't disclose details but I believe the Pearl's are aware of atelast some of what we have written. I don't expect there to be a response but know that what we are writing is being heard.
Oh and by the way this is not on the No Greater Joy website it is on HER own website.
www.createdtobehishelpmeet.org
I sure hope that our concerns are taken seriously. I AM encouraged that changes have already been made to subsequent printings. I'm not expecting much though.