Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Nothing like a little propoganda

Chickenpox Vaccine Cuts Hospitalizations
The newly released report is one of the first to evaluate the impact of the vaccination program in medical terms. CDC researchers reported that hospitalizations due to chickenpox declined by a whopping 88 percent and chickenpox-related visits to physicians declined by 59 percent in the eight years following approval of the vaccine.

And now the rest of the story:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that before the vaccine, there were 4 million cases of chicken pox nationwide each year, resulting in 11,000 hospitalizations and 100 deaths. (Source)
So just what percentage of people with the chicken pox were hospitalized every year? .275% And what about the percentage of deaths from chicken pox? A frightening .0025%

When not many people (comparatively) are hospitalized from the disease in the first place, any reduction in the number of hospitalizations will seem like a huge percentage!

But the statistics sound good, don't they? :-P

(Nevermind that the chicken pox vaccine is manufactured with aborted fetal cells, which is the main reason we don't get it for our children.)

4 Comments:

Hey completely off topic but I just received The Old Schoolhouse magazine and they are singing the praises of Debi Pearl and Created to be his helpmate.

I was rolling my eyes. I'll have to copy one girls thoughts on it for you.

Ugh! I can't stand it when they play with numbers like that. I knew about the aborted cells/vaccinations thing, but would also like to find a web site on it too!

Here's one site that lists all the vaccines that use aborted fetal cells and alternatives (if there are any): http://www.cogforlife.org/fetalvaccines.htm

It's also in the CDC's literature on the vaccines. :-(

Thanks!

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie