If someone feels the need to register and then post something rude and attacking, I'm just letting you know right now that I will delete your post.
As I said, I truly am sorry it has come to this. :-(
Where I spare my poor husband from listening to my rantings, where I share what is on my heart, where I share about my family, where I share about my God.
I feel you're pain. I have had more hate mail in the last month than in all the rest of my months combined. It seems that a merry heart goes out the window when it comes to talking about the Pearls. Our husbands can be a "selfish jerk" and we are supposed to overlook with a merry heart. But let a complete stranger review a book by the Pearl's and wow look out 'cause you're gonna hear it.
Just remember you know you've had some truth to share when an argument becomes personal because they can no longer argue on the merits of the case alone.
Spunky (who never posts anonymously.)
How Awful! I'm sorry 'bout that, but I would do the same thing... I don't exactly have a wide reader base, so I don't think I'll have that problem!
Keer, I'm so sorry you've been hurt by someone choosing to hide behind annonymonity.
If you want, tell me who they are and I'll go beat 'em up for you. :^) I can look pretty scary when I want too, or even when I don't want too.
Spunky,
This sounds twisted, but it's good to know you've been getting hate mail too. LOL!
"Just remember you know you've had some truth to share when an argument becomes personal because they can no longer argue on the merits of the case alone."
Those were my thoughts as well. I've seen it too many times (especially referencing this book, sad to say).
Virginia,
Ya know the funny thing? This person didn't hurt me in the least. I actually feel sorry for him/her. :-(
I left the comment (it's under Chapter 15's post) rather than deleting it.
From what I can tell the person is from around Providence, RI, but I don't have anything more specific for ya, VA. LOLOL!!!
good thing i'm registered
Hmmm Providence, RI and Western Nebraska.. aren't they kind of far apart?? (Heheheheh Good thing we're homeschooling huh?? lol)
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I just read the comments. Yikes!
You bash your husband? Huh? I've known you how long now?? 5 years? I've never heard you bash him at all.
You don't like you children?? Good grief. I'm not even going to comment.
Lies, all lies.
LOL I know VA!!!! If it weren't so SAD it'd be comical. ;-)
I'm downright stunned! I don't even know what to say, Kirstin, I'm just so floored.
that's okay Keer, i'm protecting your honor! ;-)
i'm sure he won't go read my blog!
Carla,
Isn't it just funny? I mean c'mon, you've known me for what, EIGHT YEARS now????
Cynthia,
Yay!!! :-)
" Our husbands can be a "selfish jerk" and we are supposed to overlook with a merry heart. But let a complete stranger review a book by the Pearl's and wow look out 'cause you're gonna hear it. "
Spunky, this is so true! It is amazing how this book is allegedly turning all these women into sweet, submissive, gentle types but the only ones who get to see this change is allegedly their husbands. :-)
It is easy to become disheartened.
Keer, if this woman is from R.I. then she is not only mean but also a liar. Isn't this clear across the country from you? How would she know what goes on in your home and your heart.
I have been reading your blog for a bit now and I have seen no evidence of the slanderous things she attacked you with.
I am glad you left it up as a testimony to the fruit of such teachings.