Monday, August 08, 2005

Funnies

This time they are from my parents. :-)

My mom and stepdad have a brand-new hot tub. B, my stepdad, has been soooooooo looking forward to getting this hot tub. They've had some delivery issues and then installation issues , but they FINALLY got it installed. But before they could use it they had to shock it with the chemicals. It was finally ready for use...at 11 pm on a Friday night. B wanted to get in anyway, but Mom was pooped and said no way. And since he didn't want to experience his new hot tub alone, he waited.

Saturday morning he started tossing and turning around 5. Fluffing the pillows, turning this way and that. But Mom just (sort of) slept away. Finally at 6 he turned on the lamp on his side of the bed. Mom woke up and said, "What are you doing???"

"Oh, just reading," B said.

Mom thought, UGHHHHHHH, and tried to go back to sleep, but finally got up and started making some coffee. At which point B said,

"Well hey, since you're up, let's get in the hot tub!"

:-)

And just to prove how great a couple they are...now a funny from my mom.

I was talking to her a couple days ago, and we were discussing plans for her to fly out here for a visit. She said that she had tossed around the idea of being here in October for my birthday, but she has a teacher inservice and can't. She said, "I thought it'd be neat, since you're turning the big three-oh this year."

I said, "Mom, I turned 30 last year."

She said, "Oh my!" Pause. "Well....did I make it special?"

12 Comments:

LOLOL! I really enjoyed that, Kirstin. Thanks for sharing and your family sounds cool.
Love and shalom,
Serena

ROFL!!!! that's great!

Too funny!

Holly

LOL Too funny!

So, was your 3-0 special??

Honestly, my first LOL for the day! Thanks!

LOL yes, I guess it was special. It was rather boring, which, in the chaos I call life, is GOOD! ;-)

What is even funnier about Mom is that my younger sister just had a birthday this past Tues. So it made me wonder if Mom forgot how old she is too LOL! Maybe I need to remind Mom that Sis is turning the "big three-oh" next year, so she can make it special. ;-)

I realized yesterday that I'm just like my mother. (Except she tends to PANIC - drive me nuts LOL. She passed that trait on to my sister. :-) ) And my mom is just like her mother. Oh my - Grandma (when her brain was still cooperating - she has dementia now) was a HOOT. And she was like the Energizer Bunny. She used to follow me around her house with one of those little floor sweeper thingies - not 'cuz she was afraid I'd make a mess or anything, but she was just always on the go and that gave her something to do.

Another time she bit into a piece of pizza and took it out of her mouth really fast because it was hot. But her teeth were still clamped onto the pizza. Oh we laughed so hard that day!!!

We used to call her Sophia because she was so spunky like Sophia on "The Golden Girls." :-)

That's a good one - you should submit it to reader's digest, see if you can get some money for it. Then you can tell your mom she made it special! ;)
My birthdays are usually free of any fanfare (not necessarily by choice). This year on my b-day in December my hubby is scheduled to leave for his Air Force basic training at 6am. :(
-Joelle

Haha! That's what my child (and future children) can expect from me.

ROFL!!! That was good!

Oh Joelle I'm so sorry!!!!! Do you know where y'all will be heading for his first duty station?

Our anniversary this year was spent with dh waking at 1:30 (getting home at about 9 the night before I believe) to drive 4 hours to a place, be there for about 30 minutes, then come home. We were not amused.

We have no idea where his first duty station will be, or even where his advanced training will be. Today his recruiter called, and they may have him leave for basic Sept. 6th instead. I'm in a bit of a panic - I'll have less than a month to figure out what I'm doing and pack, etc. Eeek! Hopefully we'll find out tomorrow for sure what it will be.

Oh that is funny!!! Thanks for the laugh.

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie