Monday, July 18, 2005

They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha...

They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha......

That is my new theme song.

Really my "day" started a week ago yesterday, when my dh left to go out of town for almost 2 weeks. I had a 102 fever at the time. I ached all day Sunday and felt better Monday. Monday night, right at bedtime, I started aching again but didn't feel like I had a fever. Why couldn't I have started hurting about 30 minutes AFTER bedtime???

I felt better Tuesday but then noticed that I had a sore spot "you know where." Evidently my fever must have been a touch of mastitis. It sure did present weird since I didn't get a sore spot until AFTER I felt better! Annoying, but I sure am thankful I'm not one of the women who is plagued by recurring mastitis. I've had it twice in my entire nursing "career": once when J (my 4th baby) was 15 months old, and now (I think?) when S is 9.5 months old.

We were supposed to go to C's occupational therapy Tuesday afternoon, but I rescheduled since I didn't know just yet what I had or if I was contagious. Also Tuesday I had some lower GI "issues," but I took some Immodium, and that was the end of that. When the "issues" presented themselves, I thought, "What in the world is this??????"

Oh, I had no idea what was yet to come. LOL!

Meanwhile we plugged away doing school, trying to keep life normal, even though without dh here it is definitely NOT. Insecurity issues abound when he is gone, and one night I was rudely awakened by C standing by my bed and announcing (loudly): MOM I HAD A BAD DREAM and then jumping into bed with me. I almost had a heart attack. Another night, I was getting ready for bed around midnight, looked up, and there was an eyeball looking at me through the cracked door. GOOD HEAVENS. But it was just G, whom I had awakened when I shut his window. J has gotten up a lot more too, but he just usually needs to go potty. :-)

Saturday evening after supper the older 3 kids were riding their bikes, playing "bike tag." G tagged L and then fell down. C was right there and accidentally rode over G's arm with his tricycle. So in everyone comes, G is carrying on something awful. I don't see any swelling, discoloration, etc. He tends to milk things pretty badly, and since I didn't see anything indicating a need to dash to the ER, I told him we'd just see how it was in a few days. I was not about to load everyone up and take the whole crew to the ER just for the dr. to say "it's a bruise."

Sunday it wasn't any better, but we went to Sears to get L's and S's pictures taken anyway. S was NOT impressed with the whole thing LOL, but we got some good pictures. Afterward we went to Walmart to buy some Icy Hot, which I learned smells just like Wintergreen gum, which I hate becuase it smells like old people. (I love old people, just not the way they smell LOL!)

Today G's arm was no better, so I made an appointment with the dr. We got there at 11:45, and he sent us to the hospital for x-rays. He told me to tell them that he wanted the radiologist to read the films right away. If they were normal we could go on home, but if they were abnormal, he wanted me to come back to his office, bringing a copy of the films. So I told them that, and they acted all confused..."Oh, but this says we're supposed to call him." So I wasn't too terribly surprised that no one ever came out to tell us what was going on. After about 45 minutes I went and asked what the status was of G's x-rays, and the lady said, "Oh I can't believe they haven't come out to tell you." So out comes a gal, and she says that the radiologist just got off the phone with the dr., and we are supposed to go back to his office.

UGH. By this time it's 2 pm, so I drive thru Wendy's for lunch and head back to his office. Evidently, while there isn't an OBVIOUS break, it does look fishy. There is a lot of swelling, so they can't quite tell. So the dr. put G in a splint. While we were waiting for the splint to harden, C and L played with their kids' meal toys (my kids LOVE kids' meal toys!!!!!), and J drew on the chalkboard hanging in the room. I took the opportunity to lean my head back and rest my eyes.

But my rest was short-lived. "Mom! J is licking it!" Sure enough, J had licked all over the chalkboard and now had a royal blue tongue. Sigh. It was at that point that I started to become just GIDDY about all of this. So I got a wet paper towel and wiped his tongue off, and we went on our merry way. We go back next Thursday to possibly take new x-rays and to see if G needs a permanent cast.

This is the 2nd time he has (maybe) broken this same arm, though at least it's in a different place. Before it was at the wrist, and now it's up near/in the elbow. It is his writing arm. :-( Both times have been while dh was out of town.

So we come home, eat supper, all is fine. I went out to check on the garden, and heard this yelping coming from under the deck. Turns out there is a cat under there either having kittens or hurt/sick/dying. (My guess is the latter.) It is WAY under there, so I can't get to it. If it dies I have no idea how I'll get it out - oh MY it will smell awful. It did move a little bit, so I'm HOPING it will move itself right on out from under there....

Then evidently I didn't word something well on a message board, feelings got hurt, people assumed I meant something that hadn't even crossed my mind...UGH!

I tell ya, if I didn't laugh I'd probably cry!!! I told dh all about it, and he knows I'm THIS CLOSE to the funny farm. FUNNY FARM, I TELL YOU!!!!!

Oh and my in-laws are coming for a visit a week from Wednesday and staying for a week. I'm excited about their visit, but all the stress is starting to get to me LOL!!!!!

So I apologize if my posts get a little zany.......

They're coming to take me away ha ha. They're coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha..........

9 Comments:

You are coming to visit me in the funny farm?! I like grapes.

You poor thing. It makes me think of the expression "when it rains it pours". And it always seems to happen when the husbands leave, doesn't it!

Just wanted to let you know I posted the first part of my review today. Let me know what you think. I hope that they don't come take me away for writing this.

Spunky

Kristen,

I am glad to know that I am not the only that has days like that. ;-) Just know that you are not alone and that plenty of us can empathize with you. At least you have kept your sense of humor and you can laugh at these sorts of things. I know at the time they are not funny but laughter has always helped me keep my sanity when I have been teetering on the brink of insanity. Or maybe I laugh because I am already insane? LOL

Keep up the good fight! Keep racing towards that goal!

God Bless,

Corrie

"Or maybe I laugh because I am already insane?"

I think that's my deal. I think my dh is almost scared. LOL when I was talking to him on the phone I just kept giggling. 8-O

Bwahahahahahahahaha......

:-)

Hi!

I'm new here, but not new at homeschool. I have three children and the eldest is 15 now.

I wanted to sympathize with you about the mastitis. With my third little one I was 36. I had mastitis over and over and over for the whole first year. I guess it was four times, but it seemed like one continuous blurring haze of sickness (and I had things to do!!! There were these other people to feed and teach and love) I stopped nursing right around her 1st Birthday just because of mastitis. It hurts!!! And it's like always having the flu!! My body felt worn out at the age of 36, though I know other women don't have such fatigue at that age.

But bless your heart. You are in my prayers as the inlaws come, as your body regains strength through Christ.

A friend,

Cynthia

Thanks Cynthia! Bless your heart! I can't imagine having it over and over. Kudos for persevering!!!!!

I'm feeling fine now except for my brain cells being nearly fried LOL!!!! I'm thankful that this apparently was a very light case of mastitis - I didn't have to take any meds or anything, and it went away relatively quickly.

Now to get my house clean....eek!!!!!

Kirstin,

Ugh. I am so sorry. Things sound very tough.

And yet, sometimes I laugh, too, because really, what else can you do?

I'll be praying for you.

Hey! Sounds like things are crazy for you too! I hope things have calmed down now.

Funny farm- I love that term! I'm going to have to use it myself soon. I like how your sense of humor comes through even in times of stress! :)

LOL well at some point you know that crying won't get you anywhere, so you might as well laugh.....

Hee hee.

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie