Wednesday, July 06, 2005

100 Things You've Always Wanted to Know About Me

(or maybe not ;-) )

1. I have lived in 14 different residences in my 30 years.
2. 9 of those have been since I've been married.
3. Yes, dh was military. ;-)
4. But he's not anymore LOL.
5. I only went to 9 weeks of kindergarten because I was teaching all the other kids.
6. They wanted to put me in 2nd grade, but my dad refused to have me graduate at 16, so they compromised on 1st grade.
7. I was still bored out of my mind, all the way through high school. :-P
8. This is one of the many reasons we homeschool. My kindergartener can do 2nd grade math if he wants to. :-)
9. My nose has very little cartilage in the end, so when you squeeze it, it feels like a medicine dropper.
10. I enjoy playing board games but rarely get to.
11. I was an accounting major in college, but I've never wanted to be a CPA or anything fancy like that.
12. I quit college to work while dh was in vet school.
13. I'd like to go back to school at some point.
14. I have no idea what I'd major in - not accounting.
15. I have been tall enough to ride roller coasters (some of them) since I was 3.
16. I am now 5'7.5" - stopped growing at 13.
17. I wear size 10 shoes.
18. I have wanted to be on The Price Is Right ever since I can remember.
19. I do not color my hair.
20. I have one sister.
21. I played the flute in high school.
22. I want to learn how to play the bass violin.
23. I sing alto.
24. I was on the drill team my freshman year in high school.
25. That was the only year I've been on the drill team. ;-)
26. I met my dh on a ski trip to Colorado. My church youth group went with his college group.
27. He is 5.5 years older than I am.
28. I love to rub that in. ;-)
29. I got married when I was 19.
30. I still wonder what my parents were thinking, letting me get married at 19. LOL!
31. I don't mind vacuuming.
32. I HATE doing dishes.
33. My family didn't start going to church until I was 12. We started out at a Lutheran church, then changed to a United Methodist one. After dh and I got married, we started attending a Southern Baptist church. We stayed with SBC churches for a while, and now we attend a non-denominational Bible church.
34. I do not get welts when (and if) mosquitoes bite me.
35. I don't get chiggers either.
36. I love Dr. Pepper.
37. I love thunderstorms.
38. I MISS thunderstorms because they RARELY occur here.
39. I have had 2 broken bones - my arm and a chipped heel.
40. I spent 2 months in Germany visiting relatives when I was 8.
41. I cannot speak German.
42. I do not like German food.
43. My dad is a naturalized citizen - he immigrated from, you guessed it, Germany.
44. I can trace parts of my family tree back to the 1300s.
45. I balance my checkbook to the penny every month.
46. If it won't balance, I FIND OUT WHY. (LOL)
47. I graduated from high school with Corliss Williamson.
48. If you aren't really into NBA basketball, this probably means nothing to you.
49. My earliest memory is from when I was 2.
50. I can remember LOTS of things from when I was 3.
51. I am right-handed.
52. I like to watch David Letterman.
53. I tend to be a night-owl.
54. My first job was as a server at Pizza Hut.
55. My most recent paying job was as a billing clerk at United HealthCare.
56. I've had 1 speeding ticket.
57. The only car accidents I've had have involved parked vehicles.
58. My favorite color is purple.
59. I've never seen Schindler's List.
60. All of my grandparents are still living.
61. My dh and I honeymooned in Eureka Springs, AR.
62. My accent tends to adjust to the people I'm around. When I lived in the South I sounded Southern. Now that I live in the North again, I'm losing my southern accent. ACK!!!!!
63. I tend to use the word "ack" a lot.
64. I enjoy scrapbooking.
65. I hardly ever get to scrapbook. (Last time was over 9 months ago.)
66. One of my favorite TV shows is Everybody Loves Raymond.
67. I was on the flag line for 2 years in high school.
68. I hated marching band.
69. My favorite subject in school was math.
70. I got to meet Alan Keyes once, when he was campaigning for President.
71. An F-5 tornado passed by a 1/2 mile from my house.
72. I have experienced a 6.8 magnitude earthquake.
73. I taught myself to read when I was 3.
74. I have been told my IQ is somewhere around 135, but I have no idea if that is accurate.
75. I am a follower of Jesus.
76. I have attended 3 different colleges (yet refer to #12 LOL).
77. I have been pregnant 5 times.
78. I have never had an epidural.
79. My oldest 4 children have all been born in different states.
80. L (#3) and S (#5) were both born in Washington.
81. J (#4) was born in Arkansas.
82. Yes, we moved from Washington to Arkansas, BACK to Washington.
83. UGH.
84. I've never had braces.
85. I've worn glasses since I was 7.
86. My parents divorced when I was 20.
87. My oldest son was born on Easter Sunday.
88. My last day of work was Good Friday of that year.
89. I drive a mini-van. (Shocker, huh?)
90. My dh is only 1.5 inches taller than me.
91. I need to lose about 35 lbs.
92. I've always wanted to be a mail carrier.
93. My voice carries VERY well.
94. At my 16th birthday party we played Red Rover.
95. I've never been to New York City.
96. I've never been to Mexico.
97. I HAVE been to Canada.
98. I'm not very outgoing.
99. I can do a mean Kermit the Frog impression.
100. I decorate cakes for all of my kids' birthdays.

9 Comments:

My husband is very impressed by your acquaintance with Corliss Williamson. He wants to know if you could connect with Corliss to float us a loan. :) Hmm. I'd say "Make that a GIFT!" Who needs more loans?

LOLOL!!! Ya'll would have to get in line behind me! ;-)

He used to try on my mood ring in chemistry. Oh and his locker in the 8th grade was mine in the 9th grade. Ooooooh aaaaaaah aren't you impressed? LOLOL!!!

(He probably wouldn't have any idea who I was if you mentioned my name to him.)

You are just a prolific blogging maniac lately, huh!

I think these kinds of lists are cool- I love learning about people as well!

:)

LOL Anne! Well actually...I left my CTBHHM book at Caleb's therapy yesterday, so I don't have it handy to blog about.

(You notice the tear in my eye that I don't have it right now, don't you? :-P )

great points Keer! love the one about yer nose!

Loved reading your 100 things....you sure have been blogging a lot. Took me a while to catch up. :)

We have a lot in common, Keer! Funny - I did the same thing in Kindergarten, but I just kept getting in trouble for it LOL. I did get moved from 2nd grade to 3rd though - I was taking both the 2nd grade and the 3rd grade spelling tests and making 100's on both, and at that school we did paces, and I was already doing 4th grade books in some stuff, so they moved me.

There were LOTS more that were the same or similar:-)

Amanda

ROFLOL!!!!!! I actually stole the idea from Carrie (posted above in the comments). :-D

Great blog. You sound like a nice person. good luck

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie