Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Childhood Memories Tag

(First of all...golly I've been blogging a lot while my hubby is gone. Can we say BORED?????? I probably would have last night too, but we were without power for about 2 hours due to a windstorm! Maybe I can get to a chapter in CTBHHM tonight....?)

Thanks Holly for tagging me!

5 Things I Miss About Childhood:

1. My Opa. He was my dad's mom's dad, so my great-grandfather. He only spoke German. Well, he knew 2 English words: More wine (but it came out "More vine"). LOL! He was extremely gentle, and THE most athletic person I knew. He was hiking in the Alps, cross-country skiing, etc. well into his late-70s. He smoked a pipe, and as much as I dislike cigarette smoke, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of pipe smoke because it reminds me of him.

2. I used to love going to my dad's parents' house. My grandpa was the Boy Scout Camp director for, well, EVER (LOL), and they lived on the camp. So especially during the summer, when we'd go visit we could go swim in their HUGE pool, go to the mess hall (with the industrial-sized Kitchen Aid mixer that sat on the floor it was so big LOL), go to the trading post, etc.

3. I miss not having to take care of people 24/7 LOL!!!

4. I miss all the great cartoons that used to be on. Now there isn't much to choose from (on non-cable programming anyway)

5. I miss having time to read as much as I wanted to.

The rules:

Remove the first person from the following list, bump everyone up one spot and put your name in the number 5 spot. Please link all of the blogs as they are linked now or risk future blog-shunning. (Do you think this would really happen?)

Shades of Pink
Mommy Brain
Journaling Through the Valley
Threefold Cord
Keer "Unplugged"

Now, select four unsuspecting souls and add them to the list...

My Rambly Scrambly Thoughts Blog
random wonderings and wanderings
compulsive compositions
Red-headed rants and rambles

3 Comments:

Hey, I enjoyed reading your childhood stuff! Thanks.

LOL!!! Just like with a chain letter, you move everyone up a notch (take the person at the top off) on your blog and add yours to the bottom. Like what I got from Holly, she had someone at the very top of her list that I took off so I could add mine at the bottom.

Oh wow Alexandra! I too have seen you around, but didn't know it was you LOL!!!!

What in the world did I write in that Christmas letter???? 8-O

Back to Keer "Unplugged"

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com

Women4God Blogs

Godblogroll

My Photo
Name: razorbackmama
Location: Colorado, United States
E-mail me
About Me: I'm a 37yo woman who loves Jesus, my husband of 18 years, and my 8 precious children. We homeschool the older 5 (formally, anyway!). We attend a nondenominational, non-charismatic church.
See my complete profile

Subscribe with Bloglines

The WeatherPixie