Where I spare my poor husband from listening to my rantings, where I share what is on my heart, where I share about my family, where I share about my God.
Love the purple! One thing... the font size for the text is too big for me. I think the size it is Under "About Me" where it says "Keer eastern Washington..." the sze for those words would be good for the size if text in the posts - I find the larger text hard to read.
I know... I changed mine not long ago. The reult looks simple but I nearly made a resolution to never look at a colour chart again.
Did I say I love the purple?
Early morning typos...
(Actually I always make typos but that's my excuse this time. It's eeearrrllly.)
I like it. :^) A lot!
Like you a lot too!
I have to say - the font is definitely too large for my comfort - I also preferred the pink, which is saying something, since I'm not terribly fond of pink. Pick what you like best, of course!
Picky picky picky. *g*
LOL I made the font bigger on purpose because I got complaints about it being too small the last time I had a dark background! LOL!!!!! I'll keep fooling around with it.
Duh, TG, you're right! I had trouble picking a color for my fonts, and I'm still not sure what I want. *sigh*
Everyone please be patient with me as I try to get all this junk figured out LOL!!! Don't not visit because it's ugly! ;-)
It's a bit bright and too big for my tastes. But hey, I'll keep coming anyways! We like you for you, not your template!
I'm visiting via tulip girl and I think the purple makes a lovely statement! I home-educate in Seattle and have a son at WSU. Looking forward to reading on down...
I love the color! And I would have to agree with the font comments, although, you could make the size of the font smaller on your side bar and keep it bigger in the main part of the text. I'm sure there are some readers out there who would find the larger size quite nice, indeed
Hi Keer,
I want to email you on something. I don't want to leave my email addy here tho. It's up near the top of my blog sidebar. If you are agreeable could you email me so I can email you back? I know not all bloggers do emails. If you do just put "hi keer here" or something in the subject as I get a ton of mail. Sorry if this sounds weird - typing quickly.
I like the background color, too, but you need some tweaking on the rest of it. It's great to see you learning to play with the templates. It really isn't that hard and with the preview and save and clear buttons, you can get what you want. You just have to remember to decide after every preview whether you want to save or clear. I know because I've ended up starting over when I made a bunch of changes and hated the last one and lost it all because of clearing. My brain can't always remember what it was before the change to put it back in just that area, so the clear edits button had to be used. That is a waste of time! So keep at it. My personal opinion is to make your font a little smaller. The purple is not so dark as the black, so it will show up okay. You could also go to template where you could do a purple background and have a lighter one for the blog entries such as the rounders templates. It really isn't hard to alter them, either. I've done it for each of our blogs. It is really an easy one to change if you want pics and graphics on it. If you want some help you can email me at serenajean at hotmail dot com.
Love and shalom,
Serena
Serena, you genius! I love the idea of having something else be the background for the posts! Duh!
I'm thinking what I may end up doing is just starting from scratch and coming up with my own template. The blogger help files have a great section on blogger hacking, and I've done some web pages before from scratch, so I almost think that might be easier versus changing one of the template choices.
Now to find the time to do it! Ick!
such techie geeks!
;-)
Personally, I think it would be easier to modify a template than to write the code for a whole template myself. I'm learning some about html by doing what i am doing, but I don't think I would have the time to make my own. It takes a lot less to make the changes than you think. Go to the page of one of the ones that has been changed and click on View and then on Page source. There you have the code to the page with the changes. You can compare it to the basic template and see where the changes were made and then make similar ones in yours. You can upload pictures into your blogger and get the link for the picture to put in your template, just the same as you do to put your pic on your profile. You can upload graphics the same way for backgrounds, etc. You just have to see how it was done on another blog to get how to do it. I had a lot of fun with my Messiah Is Coming blog and you could look at that template to see all that I did there. It really is not so hard and you can make changes a little at a time and still have a readable blog until it is finished. BUT if you want to make your own template, have at it! I bet it'll be real nice when it is done no matter what!
Love and shalom,
Serena
Here's some blogger templates in beta that are free. But Spunky Jr. said she had some trouble getting comments to work. But it's worth a looksy. Here's the site
http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/
Man, this template is "dog ugly!" LOL When ya' gonna change it, Keer. Huh, huh, huh??? :) :) :)
hey! I like purple AND big font!
I fear my good friend Keer
Has fallen in to vat of
template
and can't get out.
That should teach her to tempt
fate.
(okay okay I know it's dorky, but it had to rhyme!)